Helping Paws Canine Assistance Training by professional dog trainer Michelle Hill
Saturday Limited Appointments
"I don't believe that any animal has to be harmed in the name of training. I prefer to practice training based in science. To help humans and canines work together as a team, a family. I want our dogs to be part of our everyday life."
Levels Classes: Each level has a set of behaviors that must be mastered before going on to the next level. Once you move up to another level you are still allowed as many of the lower level classes as you want.
- Level 1: Basic manners to be a fun member of your family. Includes Sit, Stay and Down And other introductory behaviors.
- Level 2: Added distractions as well as learning intermediate behaviors for out on the town manners such as Loose Leash Walking.
- Level 3: Proofing behaviors with distractions. Advanced impulse Control work and beginning of formal Heel walks.
- Level 4: Let’s have a Party!!! All the advanced behaviors of having your dog know how to behave with people in your home and out on the town. Therapy Dog Testing and Canine Good Citizen Test
- 1 month Unlimited Classes $125
- 2 months Unlimited Classes $250
- 3 months Unlimited Classes $350
This includes 1 private appointment a week, that lasts for a hour. Consultations by phone during business hours, email and text any time. Appointments will be at You Lucky Dog on Southwest Drive.Private Lessons: Your choice of Behavior Adjustment Training, Anxiety Issues, Reactivity & Aggression Issues (must have a phone interview to discuss the information submitted in the information form, before first appointment is set.) Cost: $89 per hour
- Bronze Package $200: Weekly Private Appointments (once a week) for 3 months.
- Silver Package $400: Weekly Private Appointments (once a week) for 6 months.
- Gold Package $600: Weekly Private Appointments (once a week) for 9 months.
- Platinum Package $800: Weekly Private Appointments (once a week) for 1 year.
Hands on Workshops: Workshops covering one behavior with different techniques to help better both handler and dog's skill levels. Check the Class Calendar for Workshop dates & times. Cost: Varies depending on length
Service Dog Training: According to the ADA a Service Dog is a specially trained dog that performs tasks that relate to the handler's individual disability. I will be happy to talk to anyone about training a Service dog, however I will NOT train a Service dog for just anyone. There must be an actual NEED for one. Not just a desire to take your dog everywhere.
Service Dog Training is a long process. It is not something that I can hand you a street ready dog in a months time. There is a multi step process of training for Service Dog work.
We must go though all of the following steps:
- Basic Level Skills
- Leash Training
- Basics Level Skills with Distractions
- Intermediate Level Skills
- Off Leash Training
- Task Training
- Intermediate Level Skills with Distractions
- Tasks with Distractions
- Public Access Training
- Public Task Training
- ADA Law Education
It can take 6 months to a year to get all of this training in depending on you and your dog.
Cost: $2600 per 6 months of work.
This includes 1 private appointment a week, that lasts for a hour. Consultations by phone during business hours, email and text any time. Appointments will be at You Lucky Dog on Southwest Drive until you and your dog are ready to go out to practice for the Public Access Test and then we will go to other Public areas such as the Mall or other various dog friendly places.
I do take a $400 Deposit
Then you can start making payments based on an individual payment plan.
For more information regarding the class schedule, please visit: